Frequently Asked Questions
Our frequently asked questions (FAQs) are a simple way of finding quick answers to common questions.
1. Which vehicles need to be registered?
2. What is considered a motor vehicle?
3. How do I arrange third party insurance?
4. Can I access MAIB brochures on this site?
5. Where do I find your legislation?
6. What do I do if I have a complaint?
7. Who is the Minister responsible for the MAIB?
1. Why do I have to insure my off road vehicle?
2. Which vehicles require third party insurance cover?
3. What happens if I do not insure my off road vehicle?
1. Why do I have to complete a Notice of Accident form if I haven't lodged a claim?
2. I have been asked to complete a Notice of Accident form but no-one was hurt in the accident?
3. Both the other driver and I have been injured in an accident that was my fault. Does that mean I might be liable for any costs?
4. Can I claim for the damage to my car, bicycle, clothing, shoes etc?
5. Am I covered if I fall off my bicycle and there is no motor vehicle involved?
6. I have received an account for treatment, what do I do with it?
7. How long before my claim is processed?
8. What is a claim number for and when will I receive one?
9. My claim has been rejected, why?
10. My claim has been rejected, can I appeal the decision?
11. What happens if my claim is accepted?
12. What treatment will MAIB cover?
13. Why have I been asked by the MAIB to obtain written support for my medical treatment from my doctor?
14. Can I have an account set up for my required medication at a pharmacy?
15. Can I claim my lost wages?
16. When will I receive my first wages payment?
17. When will I receive my first housekeeping payment?
18. Can I claim my travel costs?
19. Will a rehabilitation provider be allocated to my claim?
20. You have rejected payment of some or all of my treatments. Do I have grounds to appeal the decision?
21. Am i entitled to compensation?
22. I have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, what do I do?
23. Where do I get the MAIB claim forms from?
24. Is a family free to choose a funeral director of their own choice for the burial or cremation of a family member fatally injured in a motor accident?
Telephone: (03) 6336 4800
Fax: (03) 6336 4848Toll Free: 1800 006 224